Patti S. Spencer, Esq. is a nationally recognized Trust & Estates attorney, expert witness, and author. Her areas of concentration include trusts: estate administration, settlement, and planning; inheritance tax: fiduciary liability, and tax planning.
She is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and holds an LL.M. law degree in Taxation from Boston University School of Law. She is the author of “Pennsylvania Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts Library,” (Data Trace, 2007), “Your Estate Matters,” (AuthorHouse, 2005), and “Taxing Matters,” published weekly in the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal.
- Expert Witness
- Services for Attorneys and Accountants
- Trusts & Estates
- Retirement Plan Distributions
- Planned Giving
- Closely Held Businesses
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow, 2003 to present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1991 to present
- Estate Planning Study Group, Founding Member, 2001 to present
- Estate Planning Councils of Harrisburg, Lancaster and Philadelphia.
- Boston University School of Law, Graduate Tax Program, LL.M in Taxation, May 1984.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Dickinson College, B.A. Summa cum Laude, Carlisle, PA, June 1975
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- Massachusetts, 1978
In addition to her trust and estates practice, Ms. Spencer serves as an expert witness in fiduciary litigation matters. She also consults with attorneys and accountants on sophisticated estate planning and administration matters.
Ms. Spencer taught Estate and Gift Taxation, Trusts and Estates, and Estate Planning at Boston University School of Law for eight years. She recently taught Federal Income Taxation at Franklin and Marshall College. She is the author of numerous articles on estate planning topics and is a frequent lecturer at continuing education programs for CPAs and lawyers.
In her practice of law for 20 years she has been assisting clients and other professionals with estate planning, probate, taxation, and closely-held business issues. Ms. Spencer will serve as an executor or trustee when requested to do so by clients.